Thursday, August 24, 2006

Discovery

In a green hollow, the river rushes
On its way down the mountain to the sea,
Over rocks and boulders water gushes
And with a gentle roar it welcomes me.

Crystal-clear pools beckon me to enter,
Up to my ankles my bare feet go numb.
Further out I go, to the cold center
Refreshed, I wait for whatever will come.

If I am quiet, I might see a deer
Come out of the woods to the water’s edge
Or a black bear and her cubs may appear
Out from behind a mountain laurel hedge.

The air is thick with a soft humid fog
Floating through the forest like a spirit
My chilled feet step onto a mossy log
And as I cross, I begin to hear it –

No cars, no airplanes, just river tinkling
And wind blowing in the forest so tall
I don’t even mind rain that is sprinkling
As I spy my first mountain waterfall.

© 2006 Dana Sieben

2 Comments:

Blogger Fashion-Never-Dies said...

Pretty cool looking blog. You're very creative. Check mines out when you get a chance, keep up the good work.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed it!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This Southern Women Webring site
owned by Dana
[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List | Stats
Join | Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]
Powered by RingSurf!
Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!


This Wild Poetry Ring is owned by Dana

The Writers’ Block
the creative corner of cyberspace
This site is owned by *Magnolia Memories and Dogwood Dreams*.

[ Next Site | Previous Site | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]

copyright © 2006 Dana Sieben