Saturday, June 24, 2006

Finding the Elusive Four-Leaf Clover

In all my days
I found only one.
I searched and searched,
but they remained elusive
in their secret gardens.
My children asked me,
"Mommy, did you ever find a four-leaf clover?"
To which I responded with a tired yes.
"Only one," I gently said,
thinking to halt their dreams of treasure.
My children searched for only a few minutes
and found not one,
but three four-leaf clovers!
Three elusive,
hidden,
tiny,
green secrets, and
putting their mommy to shame.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

It must have been your magic giving them the gift of fortune.


Take Care
Michael

10:58 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Hey Michael and Mansy. Thanks for dropping in!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

ooops, I meant Mandy....I hate typos

6:46 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

I remember looking for them as a child, but I don't remember if I ever found one.


I voted for you on BLOG VILLAGE today.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This Southern Women Webring site
owned by Dana
[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List | Stats
Join | Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]
Powered by RingSurf!
Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!


This Wild Poetry Ring is owned by Dana

The Writers’ Block
the creative corner of cyberspace
This site is owned by *Magnolia Memories and Dogwood Dreams*.

[ Next Site | Previous Site | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]

copyright © 2006 Dana Sieben