Monday, June 12, 2006

Tripping the Organic Fantastic

Hey y'all. This is an article I had published over at Weight-LossArticles.com. It is a tale of a meat-and-potato gal in an organic store...

Tripping the Organic Fantastic

My neighbor, Jan, and I went to lunch today. The kids were in school, the day was bright and we needed to get out of the house. We were just two women with time on their hands and debit cards in their purses.

Usually, we go to Olive Garden for salad and soup, but today we decided to try ethnic food. So, with coupon in hand, we descended upon Taj Mahal, an Indian/Pakistani restaurant in Orland Park, IL. I had always wanted to try Indian food, so this was going to be a real treat.

I have to say the Curry Chicken was scrumptious. Everything was scrumptious! I have no idea how healthy it all was, but I figure it had to be healthier than some things I can think of.
Bon vivant, I am not, but I could appreciate the yogurt and curry flavors in my mixed vegetable medley.

Afterward, we had a little more time on our hands before picking up the kids, so she asked if we could stop at this little health store across the street. Being the good friend I am, I agreed and drove on over.

We walked in and immediately I knew that this wasn’t Kansas anymore, Toto. Rows upon rows of products that I had no knowledge of. Pills, packages, organic spaghetti sauce, colon cleansers, Burt’s Bees foot and facial creams, facial lotions made of all organic ingredients, organic bath products, Krill oil, lycopene, macadamia nut oils, and other items I can even pronounce.
Needless to say, I was lost. I had no idea what all that stuff was. Colon cleansers seemed fairly understandable. Progesterone Creams – what’s that all about? And what about these?

Ashwagandha
Ligustrum
Schisandra
Reishi

Now, Jan was moving across the store and knew exactly what she needed and proceeded to get it, while I stumbled around by the Burt’s Bees display, looking at the foot lotion. Jan is into natural healing and chiropractors, while I am wondering what the heck astragalus is.

The nice lady at the register gave me a complimentary health magazine as I was leaving and I have been checking it out.

Hmmm, that colon cleansing sounds interesting…

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill Fullerton said...

Congratulations on the new "writing" blog, Dana.

I know how you felt in that store. The only place open near us in Austin a couple weeks ago was a Whole Foods store. If it hadn't been for some Paul Newman brand products, my wife and I wouldn't have recognized a single item. :)

Bill

11:45 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Hey Bill, glad you found me!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This Southern Women Webring site
owned by Dana
[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List | Stats
Join | Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]
Powered by RingSurf!
Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!


This Wild Poetry Ring is owned by Dana

The Writers’ Block
the creative corner of cyberspace
This site is owned by *Magnolia Memories and Dogwood Dreams*.

[ Next Site | Previous Site | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]

copyright © 2006 Dana Sieben